MSASS provides services in the Hamilton and Matamata-Piako areas.
We are funded by the Ministry of Social Development and Oranga Tamariki to provide a high-quality, responsive service to people who have experienced sexual harm.
We support people of all genders, ethnicities and backgrounds.
What we do
Advocacy and support (callout)
A specialist crisis support worker available 24/7 to support a person through any treatment and other processes, including:
- Police interviews
- Sexual Abuse Assessment and Treatment Services (SAATS)
- Forensic Medical Examinations
- Therapeutic Medical Examinations
- Follow-up medical examinations as requested
Crisis social work support
Social work provided during the crisis period, including assistance with practical matters such as:
- Work and Income
- Securing accommodation
- Food and clothing
- Consultations and liaisons regarding child safety and crisis support work.
Emergency face-to-face sessions (including crisis counselling)
- Face to face crisis counselling during and/or immediately following a crisis
- Face to face support to provide assistance with informed decision making
- Face to face support to arrange access to resources
- Face to face support sessions to provide coping mechanisms before the next steps
- Referral to services to meet need (cultural, mental health, self harm, alcohol/drug or ACC)
MSASS also provide
- Education, prevention and awareness-raising in schools and the community - register your school today.
- Court support service - providing support during and after trial.