Support for adults who have experienced sexual harm
Midlands Sexual Assault Support Service provide support, social work, counselling and advice to anyone who experiences sexual harm and their whaanau in Hamilton City.
We provide the following:
- A 24/7 Crisis Response Service
- Social Work, Counselling and Advocacy for those affected by sexual harm including whanau support
- Education within the community around sexual violence
- Working within schools delivering prevention and consent education to young people and information on what to do if you experience sexual harm
- Court Support Services including meetings with Police, lawyers, court victim advisors, orienting to court space and processes, whanau hui, court session support, interview support and post outcome support
- ACC Supplier for Integrated Services for Sensitive Claims providing counselling and group therapy (Nationwide).
If you are in immediate danger call the police on 111
MSASS Social Workers and Counsellors are available Monday to Friday. If you are in immediate danger please call 111.
Not in Hamilton? Safe to Talk is a nationwide service, and provides trained specialists, available 24/7. You can phone them on (0800) 044 334, text 4334 or visit https://safetotalk.nz/.
Keep safe online
If you need information on how to delete your browsing history or use Private or Incognito mode please check out www.techsafety.org.